A journalist observes life in the far north.
1) I spent last weekend in Las Vegas.
2) I have a new mandate at work. I’ll be covering the area’s largest municipal government.
3) My company finally ponied up health insurance. I see a dentist on Thursday.
4) My 2-year-old has swine flu symptoms.
5) The sun will be scarce where I live during the next four months.
6) I’ll get through it by skiing as often as possible.
7) Also, I bought a harness so that I can try out the rock wall at the gym.
8 ) I’ll let you know how that goes.
9) I usually hate my hair but I triple loathe it lately.
10) Lately, I’ve been wearing bright orange shoes.